19:00-20:00: 2 students
20:00-21:00: 2 students
Thank you for coming today!
- sleeping baby
- interesting book
- baby sleeping in the sofa
- book interesting to read online
- A festival celebrating town’s heritage
- a president heading several small pharmaceutical companies
- an amateur athlete looking for a challenge
- crepes filled with delicious fruit
- a company working in collaboration with ABC Industry.
- a firm focusing on educational activities
- broken watch
- stolen watch
- watch broken by my friend
- watch stolen in Spain
- box closed in front of people
- a lot of accidents caused by dangerous driving.
- a study conducted by the Center for Management Development and Assessment
- an important decision made in the board meeting
- skills required to apply for the job
- surprising discovery
- an exhausting journey
- the food served by the catering company
- customers using a credit card
- the computer repaired by my friend
- an audio file (attaching, attached) to this e-mail
- an order (placing, placed) after 5 p.m.
- a company (establishing, established) in Chicago in 2005
- a building conveniently (locating, located) near a subway station
- This company provides competitively (pricing, priced) solutions
When I saw the pictures, I recalled my childhood memories.
=Seeing the pictures, I recalled my childhood memories.
Because I was busy, I couldn’t go to the aquarium with them.
=Being busy, I couldn’t go to the aquarium with them.
I was studying in the classroom while I was listening to my favorite music.
=I was studying in the classroom, listening to my favorite music.
A friend of mine came to my house two days ago, and said that he finally got married.
=A friend of mine came to my house two days ago, saying that he finally got married.
If you use this device, you can watch movies, read books, and listen to music
=Using this device, you can watch movies, read books, and listen to music.
The big typhoon hit my hometown, and (as a result) it destroyed more than two hundred houses.
=The big typhoon hit my hometown, destroying more than two hundred houses.
Generally speaking （一般的に言えば）
Generally speaking, a strawberry is a fruit.
Judging from （～から判断すると）
Judging from the place where strawberries grow, they are vegetables.
Speaking of (～と言えば）
Speaking of fruits, did you know a strawberry is a vegetable?
Considering how smart you are, you must have known that a strawberry is a vegetable.
元の文章のWhen, if, whileで始まる節の主語と、主文の主語が一致していること
Because I lifted it quickly, I felt a sharp pain on the lower back.
Lifting it quickly, I felt a sharp pain on the lower back.
- Because this book is written in plain English, it is very easy to understand.
- Talking to strangers, I always feel nervous.
- Seeing a policeman, the thief ran away.
- Seen from the plane, the island looked like a whale.
- Supported by his large staff, he finished the presentation successfully.
- The man, shocked at the news, couldn’t speak a word.
- Not having time, I didn’t read the magazine this morning.
- Having read the novel, I already knew the ending of the movie.
- Having finished the work, I have nothing to do now.
- Having spent all her money, she walked home from Umeda.
with A V-ing/V-ed AがVしている（された）状態で
with my parents/ with my friends/ mix A with B/ agree with/ compare A with B
with my mouth full/ with my friends sitting next to me/ with the book closed/ with her legs crossed
- The dog was there with his tongue hanging out.
- He was sleeping with his arms folded.
- He left the car with the engine running.
- She was sitting on the chair with her eyes closed.
- Don’t talk with your mouth full.
- She was standing with her coat on.
- He sat on the sofa with his legs crossed.
- He waited for two hours with his bag opened.
- I made a speech in front of 100 people, with my heart beating.
- He stood against the wall with his hands in his pockets.
- With your children away, you must have a lot of free time.
See you guys soon!